Discover the best option to choose between the federal polytechnic in Ede and the Osun state polytechnic Iree. This review was carried out by NAIJA POLY TV reporter after thorough research. Before we go deeper, let’s take a look at what polytechnic means.
A polytechnic is a technical institution offering post-secondary technical education programs leading to the award of diplomas and certificates such as the National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND). There are three types of polytechnics: federal polytechnics, state polytechnics, and private polytechnics. Ede Poly is a federal polytechnic, while Iree Poly is a state-owned polytechnic.
Whether you are a fresher or an ND graduate looking for the best option between these two schools, there are many things to consider, which include location, accommodation, school fees, programs, cost of things, and academic calendar, among others.
Which one is better between OSPOLY and EDEPOLY? Find answers below:
1. SCHOOL CALENDAR.
When choosing a school, one thing you must keep in mind is the academic calendar and how fast it’ll take you to graduate on time. EDEPOLY vs. IREE POLY: Osun State Polytechnic Iree has a robust academic calendar; you can easily predict when you will graduate as a student of OSPOLY.
However, for federal polytechnic Ede, the school management is trying, but their calendar is not as fast as that of OSPOLY. When it comes to a fast-paced academic calendar, OSPOLY will be a better option.
2. SCHOOL FEES.
School fees are a crucial factor to consider when choosing a polytechnic education. Osun State Polytechnic Iree and Federal Polytechnic Ede’s full-time programs are both cheap.
As a student of the Federal Polytechnic Ede, you will pay school fees, integrated fees, and other dues for the department and faculty. In Iree Poly, you will pay school fees and other dues such as SUG, medical among others. If we add the total fees together and compare the two, they are almost on the same level, but Federal Polytechnic Ede is cheaper.
Moreso, at the Federal Polytechnic Ede, daily part-time student school fees for a session are less than #100,000 compared to Iree Poly, where their DPT school fees are over #100,000 per session.
Final verdict: when it comes to cheaper school fees, Federal Polytechnic Ede is a better option than OSPOLY Iree. Iree Poly school fees are kind of expensive.
Federal Polytechnic Ede offers full-time, part-time, and daily part-time programs, while Iree Poly offers “part-time and full-time” programs only.
If you are a working-class student, Federal Polytechnic Ede will be a better option because they offer a weekend part-time program that takes a duration of 3 years.
Moreso, you need to be sure if Ede Poly or Iree Poly offers the course you want to study; there are some courses offered in OSPOLY that are not available in EDEPOLY. So you need to be sure if either of them offers the course you want to study, then compare their school fees, accommodation, security, electricity, and others.
5. RANKING OF THE POLYTECHNIC.
According to the webometric ranking, Federal Polytechnic Ede was recently ranked as the 4th best Polytechnic while Osun state polytechnic was ranked as the 32nd best polytechnic in Nigeria.
6. ACCOMMODATION AND SECURITY.
Accommodation off-campus at Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, ranges from 30k upwards, and the same goes with Ede Poly community. As of the time of publishing this review, Ede Poly and Iree Poly are peaceful. Meanwhile, in terms of security, it is safe to say that Iree Poly has more stable security than the Ede Poly community.
7. POWER SUPPLY (ELECTRICITY)
The power supply in the Iree community is so poor that most of its residents rely on solar and power banks. I’ve stayed in both Ede and Iree towns and can say with certainty that the EDEPOLY community has more stable electricity than the Iree Poly community. Although this may also depend on location, Ede Poly will be a better option if you don’t want to experience a total blackout for many days during your stay on campus.
Admission to the Federal Polytechnic in Ede and Iree Poly is not that strict, provided you meet the school’s cutoff mark. Both EDEPOLY and OSPOLY conduct screening exercise as a prerequisite for admission. EDEPOLY conducts online screening while Iree Poly conducts physical screening before they could offer you admission.
Meanwhile, OSPOLY HND Applicants would sit for a CBT examination before they could be offered admission; the outcome of the CBT exams would determine their fate.
Similarities And Differences Between Iree Poly and Ede Poly:
- Both polytechnics offer daily part-time programs that take a duration of 2 years.
- Ede Poly has two campuses, which are the North Campus and the South Campus.
- Iree Poly has two campuses: the main campus and the Koko campus. The main campus is for full-time students, while the Koko campus is for part-time students.
- Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, part-time school fees are more expensive than Federal Polytechnic, Ede, DPT school fees.
- The federal polytechnic Ede full-time school fee is cheaper than OSPOLY full-time school fees.
- The Federal Polytechnic Ede DPT and PT programs are available for both the ND and HND levels, while the OSPOLY Iree DPT program is available for the National Diploma (ND) level only.
- Ede poly Admission is by screening; Iree Poly admission is also by screening. No post-UTME exam is required.
- The Federal Polytechnic Ede School Hostel is between 20k and 25k per session.
- Accommodation off-campus at Osun State Polytechnic Iree ranges from #30,000 to #45,000 per year for a single room.
- Accommodation off-campus at the Federal Polytechnic Ede ranges from #25,000 and above per session, depending on the location for a single room.
- The Iree Poly community has a more stable security than the Ede Poly community.
- Osun Polytechnic, Iree academic calendar is faster than that of Ede Poly.
- Federal Polytechnic Ede has a student union (SUG), while OSPOLY Iree has SUG for the full-time students and the Student Union Association (SUA) for the part-time students.
- Federal Polytechnic Ede accepts products from OSPOLY for HND admission and vice versa.
- Osun Poly Iree Poly was founded in 1992, while EDEPOLY was established in 1992.
EDEPOLY or OSPOLY: which one has the cheapest school fees?
Federal polytechnic Ede full-time school fee is cheaper than that of Iree Poly. Full-time students pay less than 75k for the first year and less than 50k for the second year, while at Iree Poly, full-time students pay over 100k per session for the first year and 80k for the second year.
Both Federal Polytechnic Ede and Osun State Polytechnic Iree are great citadels of learning with a peaceful environment and well-equipped laboratories and libraries that enhance learning. The fact is, one is not better than the other, so go for which of the polytechnics you like the most and the one that offers your course or program.
Perhaps I believe the analysis and review provided above can still be useful in determining which polytechnic (EDE POLY or OSPOLY) is better for you as a student or applicant. If you have any questions, inquiries, or opinions regarding this review, feel free to ask us using the comment section below. Thanks for reading.