The National Teachers’ Institute, Kaduna is a single mode distance education institution dedicated to teacher training. It was established in 1976 by the Federal Government primarily because of the pressing needs in the country for trained and qualified teaching staff at all levels of the educational system.
Act No. 7 of 10th April 1978 establishing the Institute charged it among others with the responsibility of: providing courses of instruction leading to the development, upgrading and certification of teachers as specified in the relevant syllabus using distance education techniques.
Below are the lists of the courses offered in the college.
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Physical and Health Education
- Business Education
- Computer Science Education
- BA. Ed English Language
- BA. Ed Social Studies
- BA. Ed Primary Education,
- BSc. Ed Mathematics
- BSc. Ed Integrated Science
- BSc. Ed Physical Health Education.
- NCE I – #60,000
- NCE II – #55,000
- NCE III – #55,000