The NATIONAL INNOVATION DIPLOMA in Music is designed to provide technically competent diplomats in Music to meet the National requirement in the areas of Musical Arts Education and Practices, and maintenance of musical instruments/fabrication for enterprise of the public and private sector of the economy.
A product of NATIONAL INNOVATION DIPLOMA in Music should be able to:
- Foster creativity and professionalism in musical production.
- Establish a solo or chamber musical outfit.
- Train interested persons as instrumentalists and singers.
- Fabricate and maintain basic musical instruments.
- Compose music in various genres and styles, within the context of social-cultural values and musical traditions.
- Organise musical performances.
- Produce musical albums.
Polytechnics that Offer ND/HND Music Technology are:
- Muson School of Music
- Ibadan Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic Ilaro
- Interlink Polytechnic
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN MUSIC
The general entry requirements for the National INNOVATION Diploma programme are:
a. Five credits in Mathematics, English Language and any other three (3) subjects.
b. Preference shall be given to those who obtain their additional credits in Literature in English, Technical Drawing, Fine Arts, History, Music, Economics, Physics and Chemistry.